We recognise that our operations may have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. As a consequence, we are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance.
This environmental policy provides us with the framework for setting objectives and targets by which our efforts towards environmental improvement can be measured on a regular basis.
Employee involvement in environmental matters is encouraged at all levels and is promoted through induction of new employees, training, awareness and the EDM Communication Policy.
The environmental policy is available to staff on company notice boards and the intranet and to the public on the company website.
The policy is owned and endorsed by the UK Chief Operations Officer and is controlled, implemented and maintained by the Compliance Team.
The EDM Group are committed to maintaining its registration to the ISO14001 Environmental Management Standard to further enhance environmental performance.
In particular, the EDM Group will, where possible:
- Meet, and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice
- Encourage recycling and the use of recycled materials
- Minimise waste
- Work with EDM suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment
- Avoid unnecessary consumption of water, light and energy whilst reducing the consumption of materials where possible
- Ensure all waste is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner
- Invest in the development of new products and processes that have an improved performance on the environment
- Encourage all employees to use alternative transport schemes aimed at reducing CO2 emissions